Wesa NightRideTM Data Privacy
Date of Last Revision: March 13, 2019
- What kinds of information do we collect?
We collect different kinds of information from or about you in order to remain ITAR compliant and to provide you with better customer service, support, company communications and warranty services.
- Things you do and information you provide. We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Product and Services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and communicate through the NightRideTM App with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created, your log in credentials, and content-related thermographic-related data. We also collect information about how you use our Products and Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities to better provide product solutions that meet your ongoing needs and better enhance your tailored experience.
- Things others do and information they provide. We do not collect content and information that other people provide when they use our Products and Services – owned by you, including information about you, such as when they share a thermal photo to you, or upload, sync or import your information as it pertains to contact/ device ownership and thermal images.
- Information about payments. If you use our Products and Services for purchases or financial transactions (for example, when you buy something on our website, www.getnightride.com, or through our mobile Apps, we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, shipping and contact details. We do not provide this data to any vendors for the purposes of advertising.
- Device information. We collect information from or about the devices where you install or access our Products or Services, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
o Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device
settings, file and software version and types, battery and signal strength, and product / device identifiers. o Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals. o Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP,
browser type, language and time zone, and IP address.
- Information from websites and apps that use our Services. We may collect information when you visit or use third-party websites and apps that use our Services (like when Google or Baidu analytics are in use). This includes information about the websites and apps you visit, your use of our Services on those websites and apps, as well as information the developer or publisher of the app or website provides to you or us.
- Information from third-party partners. We do not receive information about you and your activities on and off NightRideTM app from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them.
- How do we use this information?
We are passionate about creating the right solution, and customizing each experience for our users. We use the information we obtain to help us provide and support our Services. Here’s how:
- Provide, improve and develop Services. We are able to deliver our Services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in on and off our Products and Services.
We use information we have to provide shortcuts, ongoing tutorials, and suggestions to you.
When we have location information based on GPS settings in your device, we use it to tailor our Services and communications for you, such as helping you to understand local language opportunities to better your experience.
We conduct surveys and ongoing research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- Communicate with you. We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and Products – upgrades to software features, known bugs we are working on, warranty notices, ongoing events localized to you, and let you know about our changes to policies and terms. We also use information we obtain to respond to you when you contact us.
- Show and measure ads and services. We do not use the information we have collected to enable any advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads on and off our Services and Products.
- Promote safety and security. We use the information we have collected to help verify accounts, maintain ITAR compliance (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html) for all exported and sold devices, and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies. We work hard to protect your account using teams of engineers, automated systems, and advanced technology such as encryption and machine learning. We also offer easy-to-use security tools that add an extra layer of security to your account. For more information about ITAR compliance through the US State Department, please visit: https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html.
III. How is this information shared?
People use our Services, Apps, and Products to connect and share thermal imaging solutions and content with others. We make this possible by sharing your information in the following ways:
- People you share and communicate with.
When you share and communicate using our App Services, you have full control to choose the audience who can see what you share. For example, when you post on social media, you select the audience for the post, such as a customized group of individuals, all of your Friends, or members of a Group. Sharing is entirely in your control and NightRideTM has no responsibility or collection of information for any data shared publicly.
In some cases, people you share and communicate with may download or re- share this content with others on and off our Services. NightRideTM has no responsibility, knowledge, or collection for any data shared through any public or private networks, cohorts, and individuals.
- Apps, websites and third-party integrations on or using our Services and Products. When you use third-party apps, websites or other services that use our Services, they will not receive information about what you post or share from NightRideTM - other than what you chose to publicly share and create. Information collected by these apps, websites or integrated services is subject to their own terms and policies.
- Sharing within private companies. We do not share information we have about you within the family of companies that are outside of NightRideTM.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners and Customers We work with a limited number of third party companies who help us provide and improve our Services or who use advertising or related products. Here are the types of third parties we can share your information with :
- Advertising, Measurement and Analytics Services (Non-Personally Identifiable Information Only). It is our goal to have our advertising be as relevant and interesting as the other information you find on our Services and Products. With this in mind, we use all of the information we have about you to show you relevant content. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information such as name or email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identifies who you are) with advertising, measurement or analytics partners unless you give us permission. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you. For example, we may tell an analytics company how its content has performed, or how many people viewed their content or installed our app after seeing an ad, or provide non-personally identifying demographic information (such as 35 year old male, in Europe, who likes 3-phase panel boxes) to these partners to help them understand their audience or customers, but only after the advertiser has agreed to abide by our policies. For example, we connect our website to our App through Google Analytics to determine how effective our content is to your experience when visiting our website.
- Vendors, service providers and other partners. We transfer information to vendors, service providers, and other partners who globally support our business, such as providing technical infrastructure services, integrating with our email platform, analyzing how our Services are used, measuring the effectiveness of content and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting ongoing product development research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this Data Policy and the agreements we enter into with them. No individually personally identifiable information is shared with these partners. For example, they may know an Android, Samsung model X device is using our App in Madrid.
- Use of our Brand Assets o Ads, mixed media content, digital content, or website landing pages must
not imply a NightRideTMl endorsement or partnership of any kind, or an endorsement by any other NightRideTM partner. o Ads linking to NightRideTM branded content (including images, videos, thermal images, third-party websites of any kind) may make limited reference to "NightRideTM" in ad or branding text for the purpose of clarifying the product described if you are an authorized distributor, seller or reseller of our Products and Services. For approval to use: please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your request will be considered.
o All other ads and landing pages are strictly prohibited from using our
copyrights, trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, without our express prior written permission.
- How can I manage or delete information about me? You can manage the content and information you share when you use NightRideTM Apps by going in and deleting that content. We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide Products and Services to you, ITAR compliance, and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted and for a period of one year thereafter, unless we no longer need the data to provide Products and Services or ITAR compliance. You can delete your account any time. Please be advised that when you delete your account, we do not delete things you have posted, such as your photos and comments. If you do not want to delete your account, but want to temporarily stop using NightRideTM, you may deactivate your account instead. To learn more about deactivating or deleting your account, go to your personal Log In on our website and make adjustments to your account. Keep in mind that information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account.
- How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm? We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (i.e., a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we believe that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we believe that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we believe it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of our Services. Information we receive about you, including financial transaction data related to purchases made with NightRideTM, may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
- How will we notify you of changes to this policy? We’ll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised policy before continuing to use our Services and Products through the email address on file, and / or your preferred contact information.
VIII. How to contact Wesa with questions or report something To learn more about how privacy works on Wesa NightRideTM, please check out our
If you live in the US or Canada... Please contact Wesa by phone, through your App, or by mail at:
90 State Street, Suite 700, Office 40
Albany, NY 12207